01 January 2018

2018 Goals & update

Happy New Year  

2018 Goals - my year of 4’s
  • Spend more time with hubby and put the ‘4-second’ rule into action - Did you know that it only takes 4 seconds to look at a person when they talk to you for them to appreciate and recognize that you are taking notice of them and that they are important to you at that moment.
  • Make 4 things for each of my 4 children - I have so many things that my mum and dad made for me, that I treasure, and I want to pass that same love on to my kiddlywinks.
  • Complete the crazy patchwork quilt that I started 4 years ago.
  • Play some more with freeform bobbin lace and weaving.
  • Knitting - I want to learn more than just the basic stitch, and stop being afraid of knitting.
  • Make a start on My NZ Dolls House - aka 'Pilli Pala' - and the furnishings within.
  • Work on 4 of my embroidery WIP’s. I’ll be happy if I get even one of these 4 finished.
That’s my lot….. apart from all the crochet projects that are a part of my ‘normal’ daily life too.

_________________________________________________________________

Here are some of the projects that I finished in the last couple of months of 2017 and didn't get to post on here about.

Debra the Zebra Firberart- freeform crochet, bobbin lace, & weaving.


I made my Rock Pool bigger and better, and finished it in time for the Regional Embroiderers Guild show, where it won 1st place in the 3D category.... woohoo... go me.


A decorative freeform crochet box.
I've a YouTube video of it HERE where you can see the whole thing better.


A couple of woolly hats for His'n'Hers' Christmas pressies.
The one on the left is a pony tail beanie.


And this is the beginning of a mandala blanket.



Whatever you do in 2018 make sure you have FUN.

Happy Stitching







2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 1st place win! Debra is a sweet thing - she looks so happy. As for 2018 goals....I love the first one on your list. We could all spend more time being fully engaged with our loved ones. And your final suggestion to make sure to have fun is spot on. Happy 2018!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all to easy to ignore someone who is talking to me while I'm doing something else. My '4 seconds' rule reminds me to LOOK UP from laptop/tv/crochet and take an active part in the conversation.
      Happy 2018 to you too :-)

      Delete