10 January 2018

Tinkering and Sorting

I have been tinkering around with some different crafts this week, and I can show you an angel doll that I'm working on, plus a little bit of an experimental piece that I started as a CKAL.
Bare in mind that I am NOT a knitter. I am only just learning how to do something other than straight lines, lol. So yes, there are slipped stitches, wraps the wrong way around, and gaping holes in places that shouldn't have gaping holes, haha. I am learning by lots of mistakes - but at least I am learning.
This is the year I conquer my fear of knitting.


Woohoo, and lookey here... I actually got to work with 3 needles for the very first time to creat the start of a tree pattern. 
Hubby tells me that I have been muttering swearwords under my breath while doing this, haha.


I have had a lovely sort out in my craft room too.
I have now got a work table cleared and ready to start building my miniature house Pilli Pala.
Hopefully photos of that next week.

Happy Stitching
Cyra

4 comments:

  1. Muttering swearwords - you mean I'm not the only one?? Mine are usually addressed towards the &*&^%%R* sewing machine!! Your wee dollie looks adorable (don't worry about any 'oops' spots - that's what embroidery is for!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's a good idea to hide any ooops with embroidery. Thanks for that.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is so cute !!! I think you've done a splendid job with this if you are a beginning knitter !!! and your color work is pretty cool too ! Are you going to freeform knit that ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy. Great to see you here. The tree motif is finished now (complete with faults, haha) and it will have freeform added to it sometime.
      I've mislaid the book of instructions for the 1st part of my dolls house, so I may have to fuddle it a bit.

      Delete